Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
406 Rigsbee Avenue, #102 Durham, NC 27701
Phone (919) 682-0215; Fax (919) 688-5648
Adult Day Health provides a structured day for older adults who may have difficulty managing on their own because of frailty or the effects of disease. Our service seeks to prolong independence by providing support and care where each individual’s capabilities are recognized and enhanced.
- We provide a safe and caring environment;
- We help keep the family unit intact;
- We foster new experiences and friendships;
- We offer an alternative to early institutional placement.
- Help maintain cognitive, social, emotional and
a. Cognitive: trivia games, sensory stimulation, reminisce; to name a few activities.
b. Social: craft activities, bingo, sharing meal time;
“Thank you so much for the love and care you shower on my mother. She is blossoming so beautifully at a stage in life when she could easily be withering. You are a blessing to her and the other senior citizens in the Adult Day Health service.”c. Emotional: poetry reading, singing, spiritual discussions, relaxation in the garden;
d. Physical: exercise, walks, active games.
- Promote personal independence and health:
a. Registered Nurse on staff;
b. Medication administration;
c. Monthly vital signs;
d. Nutritional lunch and snacks each day.
- Provide respite and support for families and caregivers.
a. Schedule of extended hours allows caregivers to work full time;
b. Social Worker on staff to support the challenging demands of care giving;
c. Provides caregivers with peace of mind;
d. Monthly Caregiver Dinners – Free – with respite provided for loved ones
- Provide opportunities for older adults to stay connected through volunteers and community groups who come in and conduct presentations for the ADH Service.