Both participants and family caregivers benefit from involvement in Adult Day Health Services that include:
Help Maintain Cognitive, Social, Emotional and Physical Well-being
- Cognitive: trivia games, sensory stimulation, reminisce; to name a few activities.
- Social: craft activities, bingo, sharing meal time;
- Emotional: poetry reading, singing, spiritual discussions, relaxation in the garden;
- Physical: exercise, walks, active games.
Promote Personal Independence
- Registered Nurse on staff;
- Medication administration;
- Monthly vital signs;
- Nutritional lunch and snacks each day.
Provide respite and support for families and caregivers
- Schedule of extended hours allows caregivers to work full time
- Social Worker on staff to support the challenging demands of care giving
- Provides caregivers with peace of mind
- Monthly Caregiver Dinners – Free – with respite provided for loved ones
Provide opportunities for older adults to stay connected
- Through volunteers and community groups who come in and conduct presentations for the ADH Service
- Through various workshops and activities