Adult Day Health
Learn More About the Durham Center for Senior Life
About the ADH Program...
As part of the Main Center, ADH provides on-site respite services for up to 60 adults each day, offering a safe and compassionate environment for seniors and adults with disabilities who are unable to live independently. Respite services offer peace of mind to families that their loved one is being cared for by experienced staff while they are at work or at other daytime commitments. Our experienced staff include the ADH Director, Registered nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, Social Workers, and Program Assistants.
Benefits of the Adult Day Health Program
Both participants and family caregivers benefit from involvement in Adult Day Health Services that include:
Help Maintain Cognitive, Social, Emotional and Physical Well-being
- Cognitive: trivia games, sensory stimulation, reminisce; to name a few activities.
- Social: craft activities, bingo, sharing meal time;
- Emotional: poetry reading, singing, spiritual discussions, relaxation in the garden;
- Physical: exercise, walks, active games.
Promote Personal Independence
- Registered Nurse on staff;
- Medication administration;
- Monthly vital signs;
- Nutritional lunch and snacks each day.
Provide respite and support for families and caregivers
- Schedule of extended hours allows caregivers to work full time
- Social Worker on staff to support the challenging demands of care giving
- Provides caregivers with peace of mind
- Monthly Caregiver Dinners – Free – with respite provided for loved ones
Provide opportunities for older adults to stay connected
- Through volunteers and community groups who come in and conduct presentations for the ADH Service
- Through various workshops and activities