Adult Day Services Health Care Coordinator (RN or LPN)
Adult Day Services of Durham Center for Senior Life seeks a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse to work a minimum of four-hour shifts each day Monday through Friday, reporting to the Adult Day Health Director.
Responsibilities, consistent with program needs, with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Health Care Coordinator requirements, and with the Nursing Practice Act include:
- Learning and applying the rules and regulations for the health care component of Adult/Health Care services as outlined by current Adult Day Health/Care Standards of the North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services
- Completing preadmission health assessment for initial acceptance into program, including problem-identification and care planning
- Implementing the health care components of the established service plan which include: medication monitoring and administration; wound care enteral or parenteral feedings bowel or bladder training and maintenance programs tracheostomy care and suctioning delegating nursing care duties to qualified unlicensed personnel
- Monitoring participants’ responses to medical treatment plan and nursing interventions and revising plans of care as necessary
- Reporting and recording results of nursing assessments, care rendered, and participants’ response to care
- Collaborating with other health care professionals and caregivers regarding provision of participants’ health care
- Educating other staff members to emergency procedures and providing information to staff and caregivers about health concerns and conditions of participants
- Providing first aid treatment as needed
- Informing Director of first aid and non-prescription supplies as needed
- Making certain that health and personal care services as outlined in IV.B., page 19 of the North Carolina Standards for Certification for Adult Day Health Services, are provided to participants consistent with participants’ service plans
- Arriving promptly for work hours, and when necessary, arranging for a qualified substitute who meets all requirements for the position of Health Care
- Coordinator to work for the duration of all scheduled and unscheduled absences
- Minimum Training and Experience:
- The applicant must have current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina.
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid are required.
- He or she must exhibit knowledge and understanding of the physical and emotional aspects of aging, the resultant diseases and infirmities and related medications and rehabilitative measures.
- The candidate shall present, prior to beginning employment, a written medical statement completed within the prior twelve months by a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant, certifying that the employee has no illness or health condition that would pose a risk to others or interfere with the ability to perform the duties assigned on the job.
- Durham, NC
- On-site / non-remote
- $21.00 – $26.00 per hour
Email cover letter and resume to Shaun Cosby: email@example.com