The primary purpose of this position is to keep financial records updated, prepare financial reports and reconciling banks statements and credit cards. Run accounting software programs to process business transactions, such as accounts payable and receivables, disbursements, expenses vouchers and receipts.
- 30 hours per week
- With benefits after 90 days
- Responsible for the administration and reconciliation of payments
- Entering and paying bills from QuickBooks, creating invoices, and entering checks received
- Process incoming checks and remittances for claims, A/P, and capitation
- Track tenant and rental payments and provide notification letters of payment due
- Prepare assigned monthly reconciliations and analysis of general ledger accounts
- Prepare weekly journal entries
- Prepare POS Pay files
- Serve as an additional resource for financial department
- Assist with administration disbursements
- Process monthly journal entries and keeps schedules on balances
- Perform other related accounting, clerical and administrative tasks as required or assigned
- Assist with account balances provided through fundraising systems
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
The Finance Specialist reports to the Director of Finance.
This position does not have any staff supervisory responsibilities, but does supervise interns and students.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- QuickBooks or other accounting software experience is required.
- Three years of experience in accounting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites, including Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and ability to work with others as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Durham, NC
- On-site / non-remote
Email cover letter and resume to Shaun Cosby: email@example.com