This position operates a part-time Satellite Center for Senior Life program that promotes seniors’ health, independence and wellbeing through education, recreation, nutrition, and social services in a welcoming community setting.
The Coordinator is responsible for the smooth operation of all day to day functions within the center. This position manages and reports to the Senior Center Director of Programs and is a part-time position.
Services include congregate meals, education and recreation programming, collaboration with DCSL and community resources which provide Transportation Assistance, Information & Assistance, Options Counseling, Family Caregiver Support, Telephone Reassurance, Emergency Food & Hygiene, a Summer Fan/AC and more.
- Plan, schedule, and oversee programs and services for older adults at the center.
- Promote events, activities and services thoroughly, using monthly calendars, bulletin boards, flyers, participating in agency-wide communications, outreach and more, so that area seniors are aware of all that is available to them.
- Provide necessary organization, dedication, reliability, structure and support to meet the goals above and to foster a welcoming environment.
- Track and report client participation thoroughly, accurately and in a timely fashion to meet contractual and agency expectations, guidelines and policies, including strict adherence to confidentiality standards.
- Manages money in accordance with agency procedures.
- Ensure that the Center meets all health and other regulatory standards.
- Participate in all required meetings and training, including CPR/First Aid training.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and order throughout the Center, including tables, refrigerator, countertops, cabinets, storage racks & bins, steam table, dishwasher, oven, and/or other kitchen equipment.
- Coordinate regularly with the Center Director for supplies, equipment needs, and to implement services in a seamless manner.
- Coordinate and deliver the congregate meal program to meet health, contractual and agency standards.
- Welcome and support an active volunteer crew to help with programming, services, outreach and more.
- Ensure program, interactions and communications demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion as related to race/ethnicity, class, religious practices, sexual orientation, gender and ability
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor to meet program needs.
- The Satellite Center Coordinator reports to the DCSL Center Director of Programs.
- The Senior Center Site Coordinator has no supervisory responsibilities, but provides necessary guidance and support for volunteers.
The Senior Center Site Coordinator must:
- Have a minimum of a high school degree or equivalent; AA degree and/or other senior service certifications preferred.
- Demonstrate maturity, good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and have strong organizational skills.
- Communicate effectively, both written and spoken, in English. English/Spanish bilingual preferred at some locations.
- Demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion in all interactions and communications.
- Demonstrate passion and competency working with and addressing the needs of a diverse population of senior citizens.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- An excellent attention to detail and ability to work with others as part of a team.
- A commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Be able to lift 25 pounds.
Email cover letter and resume to Shaun Cosby: firstname.lastname@example.org